Newton Challenge Race Information Merchandise Rules & Regulations Registration Contact Us Sponsors Prizes Hotel
- Completion of the online entry or group registration form confirms the Participants’ agreement to abide by the relevant Rules & Regulations of Newton Challenge 2015. These Rules & Regulations apply at the material time and to all any ruling of the Organiser.
- The Participant agrees to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant contained in the registration form (the “Registration Data”); and (ii) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. The Organiser may contact the Participant from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organiser shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
- If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if the Organiser has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Organiser may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration and refuse any and all future use of the Official Website (or any parts thereof).
- Any disputes arising from participation in Newton Challenge 2015 shall be referred to Arbitration to be conducted in Malaysia under the laws of Malaysia.
- The Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other records of the Event for any legitimate purposes, including commercial advertising.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Rules and Regulations without giving prior notification or any reasons thereof.
- The Organiser reserves the right to postpone Newton Challenge 2015 at any time without prior notice to the Participants, in which case they will make an effort to inform the Participants prior to the date of the event. In the event that Newton Challenge 2015 has to be postponed, there will be no refund of registration fees paid. The Organiser will attempt to arrange another day within six (6) months from the original event date. The running route will be subject to re-approval by the relevant authorities; hence, the Organiser reserves the right to change the final running route at her sole discretion. The participant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Organiser and their directors and employees against all losses or potential losses, claims, cause of action, damages and liabilities arising out of cancellation, postponement or change in running route of Newton Challenge 2015.
- The Organiser reserves the right to set the fees for the different categories as expedient to its intents and purposes.
- Once the registration form has been duly processed, there will be no refund of registration fees for those participants who eventually do not take part in Newton Challenge 2015, for whatever reason.
- The Organiser reserves the right to limit and refuse entries without assigning any reasons thereof.
- The Organiser reserves the right to replace the race entry pack items with items of similar value.
- The Organiser shall not be held responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details. Participants below 16 years of age need to seek parental or guardian consent before participating in the event.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Newton Challenge 2015 race routes as they deem fit for the safety of the Participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event, at any time without prior notice to the Participant. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participant prior to the date of the event. The Organiser shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
- Participants must wear their assigned number bib on his/her chest at all times during the race. Participants without the allocated bib number will not be allowed to take part in the race.
- Selling or trading of bib numbers is strictly not allowed.
- The Organiser reserves the right to delay the commencement of the run in the event of inclement weather. Should the inclement weather persist after the delay, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel the race without refund of registration fees.
- The “GunTime” will be considered to determine the winners. Gun time is the time from the start signal until the runner crosses the finish line.
- For appeal over disputes, prize winners or possible prize winners, must be present and made on-site in person to the race officials, in a written format, within 30 minutes from the prize presentation, whichever is earlier. The Organiser’s decision is final and reserves the right not to entertain any appeals after 6 February 2015.
- The Organiser reserves the rights to replace any winners if he/she is found to be disqualified.
- Participants who do not start within 30 minutes from their respective flag off point will be disqualified and for safety reasons, may not be allowed to start.
- Participants below the age of 16 are required to seek parental/guardian consent and fill up the relevant indemnity form when registering online, failing which, the Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to that Participant.
- No pets, or any form of wheel-run objects of transport e.g. inline skates, prams, push cars, shoes with built-in or attached rollers is allowed on the course during the race except official race and medical vehicles.
Safety & Medical Advisory
- Whilst reasonable precautions will be taken by the Organiser to ensure the safety of participants, participants take part at their own risks and the Organiser, their sponsors and their appointed officials shall not be liable for any death or injury, loss or damage, suffered or otherwise, and howsoever arising.
- The Organiser reserves the right to remove any participant deemed physically incapable of continuing with the run to prevent him/her from causing greater harm and injury to himself/herself.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/ or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
- For the safety of participants, participants are advised to run on the designated route and observe traffic regulations.
- If you have any enquiries regarding the Rules and Regulations, please contact us at email@example.com